Friday, 26 July 2013

Teriyaki Salmon.

I'm not the best cook, but becoming a student has forced me to become more inventive in the kitchen, or else just eat beans for dinner every day. So I started looking up recipes online and found some that sounded tasty, and not too expensive either, definitely my kind of meal. I first tried this dish with chicken and also had great results so if you want to try this with chicken just adjust the cooking times accordingly. All of these measurements are assuming you are cooking for one.

Ingredients:

Ginger 
Garlic or garlic powder
Dark Soy sauce
White cooking wine or Sake
Oil
Salmon fillet



Peel your ginger and grate, I like to get a big piece and grate all of it into a small Tupperware pot so that it's easier to use next time, but know that in that state, even refrigerated, it will only last a week.





This jar was invented for lazy students like me, if you prefer to buy fresh then use 2 cloves chopped or half a of teaspoon garlic powder) depending on taste, I love garlic so I use a heaped teaspoon, about 4 cloves.




As you can probably tell by now, I'm not one for sticking strictly to measurements, if you are then pour in 3 tablespoons of dark soy sauce.




Pour in about 2 tablespoons of white cooking wine or if you have the money use Sake.


For flavour, but also so the fish doesn't dry out in the oven, pour in 3 tablespoons of oil, mix the ingredients up and then get the salmon out of the fridge.




Put the salmon fillet into the bowl and coat the fish well.



Cover with cling-film and leave to marinade for at least an hour. At the 50 minute mark take the salmon out of the fridge and leave it on the side. Pre heat the oven to 200C/180fan/Gas6

After ten minutes pop it into the oven to cook for 10 - 15 minutes.





You should serve it with egg noodles and veggies and sprinkle it with toasted seaseme seeds. I'm broke however and so did none of that. I served my salmon with whatever I happened to have left in the flat (it was near food shop day) which happened to be potatoes.





Not the most attractive meal to photograph, but it tastes much better than it looks trust me! a small lemon wedge to serve would also be nice. Or just buy a bottle of lemon juice like me. Hey, cut lemons go off quickly! 

Hope you enjoyed my recipe, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A beginners guide to fitness

I get asked a lot of fitness related questions, how do I find motivation to get in the gym? What exercises are best for weight loss? I...