Tuesday, 16 July 2013

The 'wow' cake

Everyone has that cake, the one they bake, or have baked for them, that you see and go 'wow' because it looks that good, it looks like a lot of effort was put into it. This is next to no effort I assure you, but it still looks impressive and tastes amazing. This happened to me when I saw my friend Julia baking a cake for someone's birthday. I was so impressed by it that I decided to make one of my own for my little sister's birthday. Okay, here it is.


It's just...


YUM.

Its easy to make too. At least if you're a cheat like me.

1) Grab a box of chocolate cake mix, I'm going to insist you not buy the cheap ones just because I believe there is a big difference in quality. My cake mix was Betty Crocker.

2) whip up the cake mix and bake in a cake tin, try to get one that has the bottom which pushes up, makes it a lot easier to get the cake out once it's done.

3) Allow cake to cool. Just for emphasize I'll state that again. Allow cake to cool. if you don't, then the frosting will melt right off, trust me I learnt this the hard way.

4) Use a tub of ready made chocolate frosting, you can do this all the long way if you wish but it will take double the time and create twice the amount of washing up. Apply the frosting thickly to the entire cake, no extra points for neatness here, most of it will be covered by chocolate and sweets anyhow.

5) Assemble your chocolates of choice. I used Lindor chocolate truffles and m&m's. You can use whatever chocolates or sweets you like, if you're baking this for a friend or family member in particular then it would be a nice touch to include all their favourites.

6) Admire your work. That is if you can wait that long before diving right in with a fork.




Damn, I want one right now. I don't just have a sweet tooth, all my teeth are sweet! if you make your own cake I'd love to see how it went. Also I'm looking for more blogs to follow so post your blog url in the comments so I can check them out!

2 comments:

  1. woooooooooah!!! that is an AMAZING looking cake. I'd steal all the white chocolate bits :)
    x<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweety! It's truly a chocolahoics dream =)

      Delete