Thursday, 19 December 2013

Christmas Dinner.

Christmas is that time when you can pretty much do/eat whatever you want, lounge around and be merry, or grumpy if you prefer. Christmas dinner is my favourite dinner of the year, even if it tastes worse that something I could get at Nandos, its still the best because you make it all yourself and you get that sense of achievement. So me, Julia and Rosa planned out a meal of epic proportions and as I thought, overestimated the capacity of our stomachs. We started preparing for our dinner early the next day, at 6am to be precise. We dragged our exhausted selves out of bed and got in the car to be the first ones at the supermarket. It's Christmas time and people can be very ruthless when it comes to seasonal food shopping so this was definitely necessary. At least we got to watch the sun come up.






We got back and the coffee I'd had that morning was so strong that I didn't even feel sleepy, so me and Julia had a bit of a clean up of the flat.




We got some quality Christmas crackers (poundland, they didn't even come with toys they came with stickers! haha) we started our first course.





Whiskey smoked salmon, cream cheese and lemon juice.




We had to put some Christmas-sy songs on to get us in the festive spirit, kind of hard to do when you're cooking for hours. 




We actually got the timings for all the cooking pretty spot on! Rosa took care of the roasted gammon wrapped in bacon which was amaaaaazing.






I took care of the cauliflower cheese and the carrots/broccoli. Apparently my cauliflower cheese was good, may just post a recipe for it at some point if I remember. 




We also had potatoes roasted in goose fat, Yorkshire puddings and pigs in blankets.




We all ate ourselves into a bit of a food coma, but pushing through, we made room for dessert, Yule log with whipped cream and millionaires cheesecake. I also had a coffee with whipped cream.





That Cheesecake… if you see in Sainsbury's buy it, it was so so good.




The jokes were as comically bad as to be expected. 




Workout selfie - 2 days later (I was still too full the next day) I had a long workout, not sure how many calories we consumed in that day alone but it was definitely near enough double the daily recommended, oh well, its Christmas! Whenever you want to do/eat something overly indulgent just say 'Its Christmas!' and do it - works every time.

1 comment:

  1. wow everything looks great hun, glad you had a good time :)
    x<3

    ReplyDelete