Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Double chocolate chip Cookie-Brownies

Okay, so from surfing the net a bit I've found a pretty solid way of making these delicious, hybrid of cookie and brownie. They are butter-free which allows me to say they are healthy, at least a lot healthier than most cookies/brownies. Its also without a doubt the best thing I've ever baked, (which generally doesn't say much because I've baked some serious SHIT) but, I wouldn't post this recipe if I hadn't metaphorically orgasmed over every bite. So, let's move on shall we?

By the by, I adapted this from several different recipes, all of which were using those weird 'Cup' measurements, so I converted them into tablespoons? just go with it.

Ingredients:

1 small avacado

 1 large egg

1 teaspoon baking soda

10 tablespoons Caster sugar

10 tablespoonsof Cocoa Powder

7 heaped tablespoons of plain flour

Around 200g of chopped chocolate (any kind you like, I used white and milk)



Preheat your oven to 180c, and line your baking tray with greaseproof paper (you'll notice further down that I've used foil because I'm stupid, they won't stick to the paper though)




Choose quality chocolate like I did, haha, no but the better the quality of chocolate the better they'll taste.




Roughly chop chocolate (or chop finer if you like, but I like to have massive chunks in my cookies).




Here's our secret ingredient, Avocado! yes I was also skeptical, but food bloggers across the internet are raving about this amazing butter-substitute, so I decided hey, avocados are actually pretty cheap so let's give it a go and oh my gaaaaawd it works. I don't know how but trust me, you won't miss the butter, and you won't taste the Avocado at all.


Mash the avacado flesh up with a fork in a mixing bowl (or blend it). Mix the Avocado with the baking soda, egg, sugar, sifted flour and cocoa powder.



 Or drinking chocolate if you prefer, but use one less tablespoon of sugar if you are using drinking chocolate because they make it quiet a lot sweeter than cocoa powder - and we don't want to make them cookies too sweet.



 
Mix it all together until the batter is fairly thick, all ingredients are incorporated and its all shiny. Then spoon mix into cookie shapes. Now, don't be stupid like I was, make them as small as you can because they will spread a fair bit, you should be able to make six to eight depending on how small they are. I made four.







Oh what a surprise? the cookies that I made massive and didn't allow any room to bake, have merged together. Its cool we are all baking beginners here, right?




Separate cookies with a spatula if necessary, and allow to cool.




Or you can just eat them hot out of the oven, warning though, they will be super gooey on the inside, like a brownie- hence the Cookie-Brownie hybrid name -and will fall apart like so.










Cookie-Brownie is cookie in the front...




Brownie in the back!

Okay so that's it. Bake them, you will not regret it. Actually you may regret it when you manage to finish the whole batch to yourself in less than 24 hours, not that I did that.

I did.

Anyway, hope you like the recipe, happy baking!

1 comment:

  1. woah woah woah WAIT! an avocado? what is this witchcraft hehe

    those look amazing hun :D
    x<3

    ReplyDelete