Friday, 23 May 2014

I'm a free elf!

I'm a free elf! the tutors at uni saw fit to give me an item of clothing, freeing me from their academic slavery. 

In a last ditch effort to get my dissertation to a decent standard, I spent a whole week writing, I lost three nights sleep and I'm pretty sure I developed carpal tunnel syndrome from the constant typing, but finally its done! I submitted today, I was so exhausted and pissed off from travelling that I forgot to take a 'Dissertation selfie' but oh well. I also moved out of my flat in North London, I'm back with the family and it's a little crowded (there is six of us, me, my three sisters, mum, dad and three cats) but its good to be back, and to have nothing to worry about now except getting a job. But that will be easy, right?

Kidding, so fucking kidding.

Anyway, you'd think that I'd have nothing to blog about except writing and crying from all the writing, but me being the irresponsible student I am, went out a bit. Here's what I've been up to.




I'm a little obsessed with these two nail polishes at the moment, the combo kind of reminds me of an Easter egg. Also, I had no Easter egg this year (cry for me).






Blueberry muffins.




This fragrance by Nina Ricci, also Killer Queen by Katy Perry and Aqua di gioia by Georgio Armani. 






Oh LORD, this was awful, not to put anyone off going to uni, writing this dissertation was one of the most stressful things I've ever done. I can't count how many hours of work went into it.




Staying up until the crack of dawn - and way beyond it - to hit deadlines. I tried all the natural ways of keeping awake, fruit, exercise, fresh air etc. They didn't work, you know what did work?





This.




And this.




These... not so much.




Definitely this!





I'm a little obsessed with prints like this. And collared everything.





hot dougnut with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. YUM.




Pretty double rainbow outside the flat.




Went out with Julia to 'The Hoxton Pony' for a few drinks and some dancing. Soon creepers were flocking to Julia, we saw the hazy lights of Far Rockaway just across the road and couldn't resist a late dinner, they serve pizza until midnight!





I think I made some kind of bold claim like 'Far Rockway is the best pizza I've ever had', probably, sounds like me. But I think I might have found one better, or at least on the same level of awesomeness. It's called Firezza.





It's an authentic Italian pizza, the dough is made fresh every day, the motzerella is flown in from Italy! seriously, it is, and its soooo good. I ordered the 'Mista' which is chorizo, pepperoni, proscitto cotto ham, tomato and mozzarella. I also added pulled pork and Italian imported Buffalo mozzarella, you know, because I'm a pig.





Packing was long and awful, the moving part was worse, especially as it was 25 degrees and Arsenal were playing, ie: there were ladish guys in the street drinking and shouting and climbing bus shelters.




I've missed my cats! not more than my family, but almost.




Things are blooming! the garden is a jungle right now but at least there are flowers. It's like a pretty jungle.

Below is what happens after writing for 14 hours (until 6am) having already missed two nights of sleep already.








I look far too happy in the last one, it doesn't reflect the whole 'I want to throw my laptop out of the window and die' attitude I had at the time. Also, I don't know what it is about my phone that makes it stop taking clear pictures whenever it's dark, is this an iphone 4 thing? or maybe just my shaky hands.

I'm so glad to be done with uni, its been fun, its been hell, mass amounts of drinking and smoking, writing until my fingers ache, late nights and early mornings, all nighters, pizza - because fuck cooking when there's an essay due - clubbing, missed lectures, reading and researching. Right, I'm going to go sleep forever , happy Friday! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. yeeeeey for finishing uni hun ^^ congrats :D
    your cat omg is too cute and i love that nail polish combo.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

A beginners guide to fitness

I get asked a lot of fitness related questions, how do I find motivation to get in the gym? What exercises are best for weight loss? I...