Saturday, 14 June 2014

Weekly inspirations.

Everyone has a morning routine, mine is to get up, have a cup of coffee, listen to new music and scroll down Tumblr for inspiration. Little tip, whilst scrolling, instead of using the mouse and side bar, you can press 'J' and 'K' keys to go up and down the page. Here are some random pictures from my Tumblr than are inspiring me at the moment.













































































The books I plan on reading next are:




Daughter Of Smoke And Bone

Days Of Blood And Starlight

Dreams Of Gods And Monsters – all by Laini Taylor  

This trilogy I saw reviewed on GoodReads and it sounds awesome, its about a 17 year old art student living in Prague who becomes involved in an otherworldly war, drama and fantasy, just my kind of book! The series is also currently being made into a film.






The Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini
I read '1000 Splendid Suns' by him and loved it, hope this one is good too.






The Book Thief – Marckus Zusak  
Heard it was good, recently been made into a film.




Music:

Sia Furler  -  I am obsessed with some of her songs! some of them I'm not that into but the ones I am into are super catchy and have interesting lyrics. If you like emotive singing with dance-y beats, check out 'Big Girl Little Girl', 'Elastic Heart', 'Eye of the Needle', and the slower, more thematic sounding 'I'm in here'. 

Also, her music video for 'Chandelier' has been in circulation recently and I've probably seen it 10 times now, the little girl who dances in the video is only 11! what the hell am I doing with my life? I wish I were that talented that young. 



Films:




I watched this yesterday and my god, what a film. Its stylish, interesting, intellectual, funny, and based on a true story which is always cool. I studied the poet Allen Ginsberg in uni and I really wish I had seen this before writing my essay! Watch it, you won't regret it.



Hope you feel a little more inspired, if you have any book/film/music recommendations let me know in the comments and I'll check them out. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment