Friday, 25 July 2014

Weekly Inspirations.

My 'To-read' list is nearing 200 books, not even kidding. I wish I was one of those people who can race through a book but I just can't. I'm massively failing my 50 book challenge for this year but oh well. I've been writing a lot lately, my novel is around 50,000 words now that I've started the first round of editing. I've seen a few people on my Twitter timeline talking about how much they want to write but don't think they're good enough.

My advice is this, write. Don't think too much about it and don't waste a year just plotting, actually do the writing. Do it every day without fail because a page a day is a book in a year. Like everything the more you do it the better you will be and if you hate what you write that's because you know what good writing is. Don't let others put you off either, there will always be people who love what you do and people who hate it. As long as you love it, that's all that matters.

Here are a few things I'm loving right now.























Films:


Blue is the Warmest Color




A friend said this was good so I gave it a go, no offence to this friend but what the fuck...? its a french film - I watched with English sub - about a girl who falls in love and starts a relationship with another girl. There are many dragged out scenes, in fact the whole film is dragged out, the general story I thought was sweet and definitely emotive, but the way it is filmed isn't great. Also, there are several graphic sex scenes which last, and I'm not kidding, about 4 minutes each. That may not sound long but just think about it. This could have been good but it was poorly done, shame.


TV:

American Horror Story




I can't stop watching this series, I didn't think I would like it at first because I have a pretty weak tolerance for violence/gore/the horror genre in general. But, if its done in the right way, not too much, then I like it. The whole first series is about the past and present owners of a haunted house, and the secrets these characters reveal about their pasts.

 I love it when producers/writers show characters who have major flaws and major virtues. All people have the capacity for good and evil and this series explores that aspect of human nature in a great way. Great plot, interesting characters, I like that each series only has a few episodes too so its not dragged out like a lot of other shows. If you like creepy and dark, watch it. Also I think it's available on Netflix.



Books:

Coraline by Neil Gaiman


I didn't know this was a book! I saw the film with my little sisters and loved it, I usually like to read books before I watch their adaptations but I'm going to read it anyway because the reviews of this sound really good. For those that don't know, its a creepy story about a little girl who finds an alternate universe in her house. She likes this place better than reality, or she does until she realizes what she must do to stay a part of it.


Music:


I'm not listening to any artist or album in particular right now, but here are some of the songs that I have on repeat.


Sorry to the artist but I love this remix way better than the original song, both versions are good though.



I've only recently gotten into Ed Sheeran, I don't love all his songs but this one is super catchy, and it includes all my favorite things in one song - dance music, acoustic guitar and rapping!




I love Iggy, and this video is an amazing homage to the awesome 90's film Clueless - which I've seen, oh, 40 or 50 times.




Every time Lady Gaga comes out with a new single I hate it for about a week, and then it becomes the only thing I can listen to for ages. I don't know how she does it. Also loving the Donatella Versace look she has going at the moment.



1 comment:

  1. i love this post!!! hope you manage to get through your book list! i really want to start American Horror Story, it looks so good
    xo

    ReplyDelete

A beginners guide to fitness

I get asked a lot of fitness related questions, how do I find motivation to get in the gym? What exercises are best for weight loss? I...