Friday, 29 August 2014

Weekly Inspirations

I've been really slacking on the reading front, but I've been watching so many things that I decided to leave out the majority of my current watches until next post. I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year, on the one hand I hate to see the warmth and sunshine go, but I also love being able to layer clothes again, to acceptably wear a bobble hat and to drink mass amounts of tea and hot chocolate.

I've been having a lot of those 'life days' lately, the days where you have to sort out normal boring life stuff like washing, bills, organizing, job searches, meetings, not looking like a hobo etc. So keeping inspired has been a little bit slow, but here's what is keeping me less pathetic fallacy and more chipper.














Joker cosplay!








Around the web:

So just as a friendly warning, prepare to lose many hours of your life to this girl. Anna Akana's YouTube channel has become my newest addiction over these past few weeks, she imparts her advice on many different aspects of life in a funny way, she usually does the videos by herself but her latest video features Daniel Radcliffe to promote his new film and it is so cute/funny/weird.





See how a woman's face is transformed with digital make-up!  so so cool.



Music:

I am SUPER into Royal Blood at the moment. Relatively new, they are a British rock duo that came together in 2013. Their debut self titled album is brilliant, this is one of those rare occasions where I like every song on the album. They are somewhere between The White Stripes and The Arctic Monkeys. Below is the one I currently have on repeat.



I cannot stop listening to this song, I heard it on an advert and looked it up. Perfect for all the dramatic scenes I'm writing.




I haven't heard any of Ariana Grande's other songs but this one is super catchy, can't wait to go clubbing so I can dance to it.





TV:

50 ways to kill your mammy - SKY 1

Its funny and inspiring in equal measures. An entertaining reminder that you're never too old to start living life to the full.




Attack on Titan - online


I'm very picky about anime, and this one I just about like. The only things that bother me are typical anime things like too much crying, too much shouting blah blah blah, but if you'd been though what our main character has in this story, you'd be crying and shouting all the time too.

Its about a boy who lives in a city that is surrounded by walls, nobody knows how the walls got there but they know why the walls exist, to keep out the Titans (giant monster pictured above) its definitely worth a watch. My sister says its much better subbed. Don't judge me, but I'll always watch anime dubbed, I can't be bothered with reading subtitles when I'm trying to watch a show!



The great British bake off



We have an unhealthy obsession with cooking shows in our house. We watch everything from Masterchef to Man vs Food. I love Marry Berry, and baking, and competitions, and creativity! so this is probably my favorite thing to watch that's on right now. I'm definitely going to give this sweet, chewy, fruity cookie a go

1 comment:

  1. I love your inspiration posts :) Great British Bake Off is amazing haha :D
    xo

    ReplyDelete