Sunday, 14 September 2014

Things I love.


There are a lot of exciting products out there, some that deliver what they promise and a lot that don't. I'm one of those people that have to do in depth research before committing to a purchase, I look at reviews, watch video tutorials, and preferably when I can, try things out in store. I'm also all about achieving great make-up looks on a low budget. So Probably on a monthly basis, I'm going to give you all my thoughts on products that really are worth investing in.



Undress Your Skin: Makeup Academy at Superdrug




This is a beautifully shimmery highlighter, brushed over the top of the cheeks and through the brow bone it gives a pretty sheen. A little looks healthy, a lot looks glam. This is widely regarded as a dupe for the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish highlighters, and I can safely say they are extremely similar, only the MAC one is £22 and the one above is a whopping £3. 

Here's what it looks like on the skin.






Flawless Brow Trio: BH Cosmetics (online)




BH Cosmetics were relitively unknown to me until I heard a beauty blogger on YouTube raving about them, so I ordered a few things, one of which being this brow palette.  




It comes with a colored wax (far left) a light powder and a darker one. They come in three shades, the one above is medium. The wax works well to hold the powder in place. It comes with a double ended, amazingly thin brush that makes application a breeze. Its a Californian company so beware shipping charges ie: don't order too much in one go because they charge shipping prices by weight! $6.95 // 4.28





Volume Million Lashes: L'oreal at Boots/Superdrug/etc





I've been looking for my dream mascara for a long time now, and nothing really hit the mark for me until now. The brush is big but not too big, there are many stiff bristles to catch every lash, and there's also a panel in the tube to stop excess product when you pull the wand out. £10.99 and worth every penny.


Here's how the brow and mascara products look on. 






Rouge Edition Velvet: Bourjois at Superdrug/Boots/etc




I got this this today and I'm already in love! this color number 8, a blue based red this is a heavily pigmented lipstick that goes on like a gloss and dries matte. It does indeed have the look of velvet, but I couldn't capture that in my photos, it looks even more phenomenal in real life. 

Unlike most other liquid/matte lipsticks, this one claims to be comfortable on the lips and non-drying, and it actually is. Minimal transference, this lasted on my lips well over 8 hours even after eating and drinking several times. One sweep will give opaque coverage but you can layer it as much as you like without it caking or flaking. I'd even say its better than Kat Von D's liquid lipstick which retails something like £30, strong statement I know, but seriously, top marks! £8.99









Wild at Heart Baked Eye Shadow Palette: BH Cosmetics (online)



This palette has some truly stunning colors, massive color pay off on the skin, vibrant, and although there is shimmer the particles are tiny so they attract light without looking tacky, they shadows look much more expensive than they are when worn. Usually £19.95 but...

...they are having a massive sale on palettes right now! grab a bargain at their website here








These are the things I love right now, there are a million other things mind you, but I'll save those for future posts.

Thanks for reading! happy shopping xoxo

2 comments:

  1. love this post ^^ that lip colour is gorgeous and i love the palette too. such good finds
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I'll start doing swatches on my hand though because I didn't realize how many selfies I put in this post! haha xoxo

      Delete