Sunday, 26 October 2014

Weekly Inspirations

Super creepy vibes are in this weeks inspirations, and as always a few randoms. I have a serious YouTube addiction right now that needs to stop, I literally once spent 14 hours watching nothing but make-up tutorials and funny cats, I can't be the only one that does this right? just lie to me okay.





















Around the web:

Tanya Burr



I am obsessed with this girl! she is one of the loveliest, sweetest bloggers I follow. I didn't know she existed 2 weeks ago but every day since I've been watching her vlogs on Youtube, Throughout September she took a camera around everywhere to film her daily life, she is such a ray of sunshine that for some reason watching those videos really brightens my day.



Zoe Sugg


I saw the advert for Zoella's YouTube account and didn't really get the hype, but after watching nearly all of her videos now I totally get it. This girl is sweet, quirky and unapologetically herself. She posts daily Vlogs, funny video challenges and reviews on beauty/skincare products. Her video on Anxiety really helped me, and her video on 'it all getting a bit too much' made me cry for her. She is so lovable, real, funny, and I really want the candle and body mist she came out with, its in Superdrug I think.



Film:

Fight Club


I saw this many years ago but I didn't like it, and I certainly didn't get it. To be fair I was about 12 and I have no idea why my mum let me see it, so much violence! but I watched it recently and now I totally get it. Great film, amazing plot twist at the end and rather strange. I like strange.


We need to talk about Kevin


I saw this last year with my friend randomly, we both thought it was weird, didn't make much sense but kind of good. The second time watching it I got much more into it, so much doesn't make sense until the end, but I kind of liked being kept in the dark. I heard its a book and now I really want to read it, I just hope its as good or better than the film. Its strange, sinister and Ezra Miller is super hot. Enough said.



Books:

ZomB by Darren Shan



I've been reading Darren Shan's books for a long time, 10 years in fact! for those that don't know, he writes fiction in the horror genre. They are gruesome, entertaining and full of action. They're also short books and very readable. This is the first book in the series (I think there will be 12 when he's done) and it was so so good! without spoiling the plot, its about a child that has serious family issues and then has to deal with zombies. The main character is interesting, and two massive plot twists come in the end. Great read.

1 comment:

  1. loving all the spooky vibes!
    i've been wanting to watch 'We need to talk about Kevin' for a while now, might have to give it a go this weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete