Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Cleansers for oily skin

Since my skin started to break out over the past few months, I've learnt about the importance of cleansing. Its tough having combination skin, some days its super oily, other days I have dry cheeks, so I've invested in a few different cleansers to use as and when my skin changes its needs. I've been testing out each product individually, for several months, to give a clear and honest review.




I first heard of the Yes To Tomatoes range a while ago and was intrigued once I heard great reviews of it. Its only 6.99 but it was on offer at Boots so I got it for just £2.66! This boasts 98% natural ingredients and is cruelty free. Its almost a balm texture and rubbed into damp skin is creams up a little but not too much which I like. I'm 3/4 of the way through now and I like it a lot. It leaves skin just a little bit tight for the first 30 seconds once it dries, but not too bad, cuts through grease like nothing else and mattifies. A great cleanser for very oily people, I'm already planning to re-purchase soon.



Garnier Pure Active range



This contains Salicyic acid and loads of tiny exfoliating beads. I'm not a huge fan of manual exfoliation because it can be very harsh on skin. Having said that, if you use this very gently, the results are great. The beads are a bit of a pain to rinse away properly (I'm always finding the odd bead in my eyebrow) but skin is matte and soft afterwards, not sure about its spot fighting potential but it exfoliates well. Great used twice a week.



This is great to use in the mornings because its very refreshing, its almost like splashing your face with mint, in a good way. Foams up a lot, which I find a little drying even on my very oily skin. Can leave skin a little tight, but this can be counteracted with a good moisturizer.


Pure Active Intensive ExfoBrusher Spot Fighter

I've seen so many of these brush-type cleansers in the shops lately and I was a little skeptical. The brush head is made of long plastic bristles which are soft on the skin. The cleanser in the bottle is the same as the above one so its the same refreshing, deep cleansing, but drying formula.




Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm




This is my favorite cleanser of the year, no, my favorite cleanser ever.

Its much like a richer, oil based version of the Liz Earl hot cloth cleanser if you're familiar with that. This smells incredible and is made from all natural ingredients. You take a pea size amount, rub all over the face, as you work the product the balm turns into an oil. You then run a flannel or a muslin cloth under hot water and wipe off. I wanted to hate this product because it is so damn expensive, but I really can't fault it.

You might think this is too rich for oily skins but its really not, it works to hydrate skin from within leaving no residue. It melts away make-up easily, can be worn for 10 minutes as a treatment mask and even over night as an intensive mask. After use skin is unbelievably soft, so much so that I couldn't stop touching my face after my first use. A dream for dry skin, but absolutely suitable for all skin types.

No comments:

Post a Comment