Sunday, 28 December 2014

Weekly Inspirations

I've been absent a while, but that doesn't mean I haven't been trawling through Tumblr, Pinterest, and Instagram looking for inspiring things in the form of visual stimulation. I've been busy working slave hours at my new job (WH Smiths if you're interested) and haven't had much down time. Anyway, here are all the things I can't stop staring at.




















a child's first experience of rain.




Around the web:

I found this while trawling through my ever expanding Youtube subscriptions list. Lily Pebbles is mainly a beauty blogger/YouTuber, but this video she posted a while back is a little different. 'Then and now' features some of her friends, answering questions about what life was like for them growing up, and how things have changed.



Film:



This came on TV on Christmas day after The Snowman, and I wasn't overly happy with the sequel. It doesn't have the same grainy, rough animated look as the first one, its definitely more polished. Its just not as charming and whimsical as the first one, still nice though, kids would love it.



TV:



The 2 hour long Christmas special of Downton Abbey had me in tears by the end, it was so touching! I've been following this British period drama for a while now and it just keeps getting better. Other than the amazing personalities in these characters, its interesting to see the issues people had to deal with back then, compared to now. Also, Prince William/Kate watch it, and if its good enough for royalty its good enough for me.



Music:




Me and mum are both slightly obsessed with Sam Smith, I don't love the entire album, but the majority of it is brilliant. There is so much soul and life in his voice, I can't really explain it, you just have to listen to him. My most played songs are 'Stay with me', 'La La La', Not in that way' and the one below:





Hope you all ate lots and got some rest on Christmas day xoxo

1 comment:

  1. lovely post hun, i always look forward to seeing your inspirations! hope you had a good Christmas and didn't have to work too hard ><
    xo

    ReplyDelete