Sunday, 1 March 2015

February Favorites





I am obsessed with the First Aid Beauty facial radiance pads! the 60 cotton pads are soaked in a gentle acid, after cleansing you wipe it all over your face and then go on to serum and moisturizer. I've noticed a massive difference in my skin. When I get spots I buff the pad over my blemishes and see them almost disappear by morning. The texture of my skin is smoother, softer and I can't remember the last time I got a spot that got the chance to come to a head. Amazing stuff.





Obsession by Calvin Klein was on offer at Superdrug recently, I smelt it and instantly put it in my basket. I'm terrible at describing scents, but I'll try. It smells like spice, vanilla and orange. Its mostly the spice and vanilla that come out. It wears much better on the skin than clothes, and one spray will last 4 - 6 hours. Its the longest wearing perfume I own and even when I'm not wearing it, I like to take the bottle out and just smell it. Damn it, I should have gotten two while they were on offer.








Another divine smelling product, I got this hand cream in a Burt Bee's set, and was surprised at how well it moisturizes, I use it as a night hand cream as its very thick and leaves a filmy residue for a while before it sinks in. It smells strongly of marzipan, I hate the taste of marzipan but the scent is lovely.




I got the RollerLash mascara as a sample in a magazine. I haven't tried many things from Benefit so I didn't expect much, This mascara is, not kidding, the best mascara I've ever used. The brush has many spikes and is slightly curved so it fits the lash line perfectly. It separates and lengthens lashes, it doesn't give volume so if you have sparse lashes this might not be the one for you, but if you naturally have tiny lashes but lots of them, this would be an amazing mascara to try. I'm definitely purchasing the full size when this one runs out.







This new release from Macfactor is so similar to the Hourglass ambiant lighting blushes, it gives a pretty flush of color with a sheen, it works as both blush and highlighter. I've been wearing the gorgeous berries shade all month, its fast replaced my much loved MAC blush in Razin, I didn't think any blush could replace it but its finally happened. Well done Maxfactor.







Work is becoming more hectic by the day and I come home exhausted most of the time. I was never really into baths before but now I consider them almost a necessity for relaxing. I bought several bath bombs in Lush  recently. Dragons egg, Butterball and The comforter. Dragons egg is a ball of shimmer and rich spices. It turns the water a strange yellow color with bursts of gold shimmer and rose petals. Butterball isn't all that exciting in terms of scent and color, but it has nibs of cocoa butter which leaves skin soft post bath, and the comforter is the only one I've tried before. It smells like Ribena and turns the water a beautiful shade of purple.






As my dark circles get darker I hunt for new concealers. This one by sleek is a thick cream formula that covers anything. It does take quite a lot of finger tap blending but its worth it for the coverage it gives. You do need to make sure skin is moisturized before application because it such a dry finish and you don't want it to crease in the under eye area. It isn't amazingly illuminating as the name would suggest but it does definitely brighten the skin and acts as a natural highlight.







The Real Techniques brushes by Sam and Nicola Chapman are incredible particularly for their price point. My favorite is the buffing brush which I use for liquid foundation and the multi task brush because its the perfect size for face powder. The bristles are synthetic but still very soft, they wash well and I haven't had any shedding from them.






I got the famous Naked Palette by Urban Decay and was blown away by the quality and diversity. All the colors are amazing, particularly Buck which is a my eyelids but better shade, and Half Baked, a light, shimmery gold. The palette is a mixture of mattes, shimmers and glitters. The shadows are buttery soft, super blendable and there isn't a bad color in the bunch. It also comes with a generous sample of the Urban Decay primer potion. The eye brush it comes with is terrible, throw it away. Other than the brush, this is the perfect neutral eyes palette, and I can see why its so hyped in the beauty world.






This day moisturizer by Neals Yard sinks in so fast that you have to rub it into one section of the face at a time. It does smell faintly of berries which is nice and hydrates intensely, without leaving any residue. Leaving a great base for make-up. Its so light that I know It'll be much more appreciated in Summer, but even now when my skin is dehydrated, it gets the job done. Its probably not enough for dry skins, but for oily and combination skins its ideal.






The nail polish I've been wearing all month, in fact, for months now is this one by Loreal in Magenta 504. Its a very dark, yet bright purple? okay that made no sense but trust me its a really nice color. They last a decent time before chipping, about four days. Its one of those colors that wouldn't look out of place in Summer or Winter, not that I wear nail polishes according to how season appropriate they are anyway.

1 comment:

  1. lovely picks :) i've always wanted to try the Burt's Bee's range, so i might look into that! thank you for sharing lovely
    xo

    ReplyDelete

A beginners guide to fitness

I get asked a lot of fitness related questions, how do I find motivation to get in the gym? What exercises are best for weight loss? I...