Thursday, 16 April 2015

Review: The Naked Palette




First off, this is one of the best palettes ever, and something every make-up wearer, weather they be complete beginner or a professional, will want in their kit.

Having said that it is super expensive. £37 depending on where you get it, why would you spend almost £40 on an eye shadow palette? Okay so maybe you wouldn't, but if you would, this is definitely the one to go for.






Urban Decay always bring it when it comes to quality. The texture is soft which makes them easy to blend. The shadows are highly pigmented, you could just tap your brush in and get a sheer wash of color, or layer it on thick for a bold, more opaque finish. The palette comes with 12 shadows, ranging from light champagne pinks, to golds, browns with one grey and one black.





(From left to right) 'Virgin', 'Sin', 'Naked', 'Sidecar', 'Buck', 'Half Baked', 'Smog', 'Darkhorse', 'Toasted', 'Hustle', 'Creep' and 'Gunmetal'




The first 4 colors are very light, I would probably never use 'Virgin' (far left) except maybe as a brow highlight or in the inner corners of the eyes, it makes a softer alternative to white because its so pink. 'Sin' is much pinker with a silver iridescent shimmer running though it, at first it looked far too light for me so I steered clear, but all over the eyes it looks very nice, and I think it would flatter any skin tone.




'Naked' would be a your lids but better shade on anyone with fair to medium skin tone. Its a very matte, light brown that I use mostly to blend other colors out. 'Sidecar' is a stunning dark, champagne pink with iridescent shimmers. 'Buck' is literally the same color as my eye lids so I wear this to work almost every day, on lighter skin tones it would be a very nice, matte neutral shade, as its not too dark a brown, it would also be great to lighten up a smokey eye.




'Half baked' is my stand out shade, a light, yellow gold. It has the most shimmer in it to incredible effect. I like this on me a lot but I've seen it look even better on lighter skin tones. 'Smog' reminds me a lot of 'Fez' by Nars, the same intense, dark brown gold, less shimmer but still very pretty, and sultry it has a hint of pink to it. 'Darkhorse' is a matte, chocolate brown with pomegranate colored shimmer running though, very interesting, one I need to play with more. 'Toasted' is a light purple/pink hybrid with a brilliant sheen to it. 'Hustle' is a purpley/brown color with pink iridescent shimmer, smokey on me, much more intense on light skins.

'Creep' isn't one I've used yet, its a light black with silver glitter, typically I liked my blacks matte so I don't think I'll get much use out of it. and finally 'Gunmetal' is a beautiful grey toned blue with silver glitter. I haven't tried this one on the eyes either but I plan to.





The Naked palette also comes with a general sample of their famous primer potion. I have to say I'm not a huge fan of this primer, its a thick texture that's hard to work with, and for what it is, really overpriced. You can get better, cheaper, more workable primers than this.










The only thing I will say is the packaging was poorly judged, it feels cheap, and the velvet covering attracts all kinds of dust and dirt, the only way I've been able to keep mine clean is by leaving it in the box between uses.

If you like to experiment with eye looks, this the ultimate palette. It has all the neutral colors for day to day, and bright, shimmery colors for night, the range of colors are so versatile that they would honestly work on any skin tone, from the fairest to the darkest, not a lot of palettes can say that. I won't give any product a 10, because there's always something that can be improved, but this is the closest I've come to giving full marks.


1 comment:

  1. this palette does look good! the swatches look amazing :D
    xo

    ReplyDelete