Thursday, 30 April 2015

Weekly Inspirations




















TV:

Constantine



I regret starting this series only because there's only one season, and they're undecided on if they'll make a second one or not. This is very different to the film, for those that don't know, John Constantine is a character based in the DC comic Hellblazer. He is an occult detective living in London, he's a chain smoking, sarcastic, cynical magician that although deadly and sometimes cruel, is also a very compassionate human being. One of the most interesting characters DC have come up with, and one amazingly portrayed in both this television series and the film starring Keanu Reeves.




Music:

Fall out boy - American Beauty/American Psycho




I literally can't tell you how many times I've played 'Immortals' since hearing the latest Fall Out Boy album, I'm very late to the party on this one, I think the album came out back in January but I'm definitely making up for lost time by playing all day every day.

The album is way better than the last, that's just my opinion. I've loved Fall Out Boy since I was 14 but I wasn't a fan of their previous album. In American Beauty/American Psycho you can hear their style has evolved, in a good way. 'Immortals' has the coolest, strangest intro and some sexy, passionate, at times aggressive vocals from Patrick Stump.




Around the web:


Sali Hughes




Since reading her book 'Pretty Honest', I've fallen in love with Hughes frank yet remarkably helpful beauty advice. I didn't know she had Youtube for a while but since discovering her channel I've almost made my way though her entire archive. Her videos range from beauty product reviews to make-up artist/celebrity interviews. If you want to get more into skincare then this lady (along with Caroline Hirons) is the place to start.




Claire Marshall


I randomly found Claire Marshall on Youtube and now I can't stop watching her vlogs, she is so witty/funny/down to earth and her style is very cool. She also does beauty videos and gives very honest feedback on products, without brand bashing, which I like.

1 comment:

  1. nice post :D I kinda want to watch Spirited Away now though!
    xo

    ReplyDelete