Tuesday, 23 June 2015

Weekly Inspirations























Music


Major Lazer - Lean on

Is it weird to say a dance song is beautiful? the way this song is composed, the simple lyrics, the mixture of dance beat and soothing background music is just amazing. Since I heard this on the radio I have probably played it hundreds of times. I don't know what it is about it that I love so much.








TV


Humans



This 8 part drama on Channel 4 is well worth the watch. I thought it would be good from the advert I saw but when I watched the first episode the other day it had exceeded my expectations, that doesn't often happen. Its about a not so distant future where human looking robots have been created to help society. Its not a new concept, but the way it has been done here is interesting, and entertaining, I cannot wait to see where they take this.





Film:

Sin City: A dame to kill for




I watched this the other day for the first time and loved it even more than the first one. There's a real progression of characters and the cinematography was as darkly beautiful as ever. Also Eva Green is in it and I love her, the twist in her plot is a great one. Not much more to say about it really, just go watch it if you haven't already!





Books


The Miniaturist



This was nothing quite like I thought it would be. There is a kind of magical element to it but nothing is concrete, its all suggestion, which at first I found frustrating but by the end I liked that it was so subtle. The story is about a young woman who marries a wealthy merchant, beneath the plot its really about the strength of women, set in a time when women were nothing more than men's possessions. Its wonderfully written, I would suggest it simply for the beautifully arranged and flowing adjectives alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment