Thursday, 23 July 2015

Zoeva Cocoa blend palette





This palette was a pleasant surprise, amazing quality, its absolutely comparable to Urban Decay in the pigmentation and color payoff. Zoeva as a brand are mostly known for their make-up brushes, for a long time I didn't even realize they did make-up too. I got this palette on Vivianna Does Make-up's recommendation, and I'm so glad I did.









'Bitter Start' is a matte, cream white, great for brow bone highlight, inner corner highlight or to blend out crease colors.





'Sweeter End' is a shimmery, pale lavender. I use this mostly as an inner corner highlight but I plan to see how it looks all over the lid too.





'Warm notes' is a gorgeous pink toned red, its shimmery and quite vibrant. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm very excited to.




'Subtle Blend' is shimmery brown toned gold.




I thought 'Beans are white' was a black to begin with, upon closer inspection and using it, its actually a very dark brown. You get a much more subtle effect using this instead of black in a smokey eye.




'Pure Ganache' is a bright, yellow toned gold. I plan to use this as the base for a smokey eye, maybe with the red 'Warm Notes' on the outer edge of the lid.




'Substitute for Love' is the shade I'm using the most, it looks matte, but there's actually very subtle gold shimmer. Its the shade I wear to work everyday because it looks the most natural.




I love how warm toned a brown 'Freshly Toasted' is. It pairs nicely with the undertones in my skin.




'Infusion' I'm going to use on my next night out, its a black with lots of silver glitter and shimmer in.




'Delicate Acidity' might be my favorite shade, even if its not my most used. Its a shimmery, purple toned mauve...? that's the best description I can give, hope its not wrong. Its an unusual color and nothing like anything else I have in my collection.






(Left to Right) 'Bitter Start', 'Sweeter End', 'Warm Notes', Subtle Blend', 'Beans are White'




'Beans are White', 'Pure Ganache', 'Substitute for love', 'Freshly Toasted'




'Freshly Toasted', 'Infusion', 'Delicate Acidity'









First off, how cool are the names? unusual and creative. The Palette is 'Inspired by warm truffle colors, delicate nougat shades and tones of shimmering marzipan" they are easy to blend, strongly pigmented, last well and are a good selection of colors. I wish there were more mattes, but that's me just being picky.

This is a beautiful palette, and honestly the quality of these shadows are the same level as high end brands. This retails for just £15.50 on BeautyBay's website, but its worth triple that price tag. Check out the offical Zoeva website here to see a full swatch of these colors on a paler skin tone. They have quite a few other palettes available too.

1 comment:

  1. this is such a pretty palette. really love Warm Notes, looks like a nice grunge colour.

    ReplyDelete

A beginners guide to fitness

I get asked a lot of fitness related questions, how do I find motivation to get in the gym? What exercises are best for weight loss? I...