Sunday, 2 August 2015

July Favorites






 Since trying and loving the Aesop Chamomile concentrate mask, I wanted to try other things from the brand. Their Resurrection aromatique hand balm is a brilliant hand cream. It contains mandirin rind, rosemary leaf and cedar-wood atlas, meaning it smells amazing. This is a luxurious hand cream and although expensive, it softens my hands like no other cream, and 0 amount of residue afterwards. I love that all the products made by Aesop have the ingredients listed clearly on the front, making it easy to see if there are any particular ones you might not agree with. I mean really, all products should do that shouldn't they?



Hydraluron is a serum containing the purest kind of Hyluronic acid, an ingredient that holds a thousand times its weight in water, drawing moisture to the skin and trapping it there for long lasting hydration. A must have for anyone with dry skin, but really everyone should use it because most people have dehydrated skin and this serum really helps with that.





I've heard great things about the Bobbi Brow corrector, its a thick, slightly tacky cream that you apply before concealer to help neutralize darkness and blue veins. I've found my concealer does a much better job over the top of this corrector. It also makes for a smoother base for my concealer, so that it doesn't cease under my eyes as much. I really want to try their 'creamy concealer' too.





I bought this because I heard it was a good dupe for the Benefit Roller lash, its not the same but its definitely similar. This mascara gives a lot more volume than the roller lash, but if you use the longer side of the brush then you can get decent length too. I got the waterproof version because I've been told it holds a curl much better than regular formulas, so far that's definitely true, but you will need an eye make-up remover specific to getting rid of water proof mascara, or a decent balm/cream cleanser.




Another dupe suggestion, the Loreal Brow Artist Plumper is supposed to be similar to the Benefit Gimmie Brow, but a quarter of the price. This is a lightly tinted brow gel, containing fibers to help thicken the look of the brows, whilst holding them in place all day. I love this product, its like glue for the brows, and the tiny brush is the perfect size and shape to comb through hairs precisely to get your desired shape.





This has been my favorite discovery in the month of July. I was seriously considering buying the famous Kat Von D eyeliner in 'Trooper', widely regarded as one of the best eyeliners in the make-up world. However, I didn't want to pay a small fortune shipping it over the UK so I looked for alternatives. When Claire Mashall suggested the Stila stay all day liquid eye liner I knew it must be something special, because her eyeliner game is always strong. I'm so glad I got this, its the best eyeliner I've ever used! The brush tip is so incredibly fine and pointy, allowing you to get the most defined line. The color is the blackest of blacks, it really does stay on all day, and the lid has a spring base so when you close it, its sealed tight meaning it won't dry out. If you do a winged liner on the regular then you need this in your life.






I've dreamed of owning this perfume for many years, but could never justify the purchase (£50 for 25ml) but the larger size was on offer in House of Fraser, and I just couldn't walk away from it. You'll either love or hate this perfume, but there's nothing else that smells quite like it. Even when I'm just sitting at home I like to take this off the shelf and smell it. Its a strong, decadent scent of vanilla, fruit, chocolate, caramel and patchouli. Next time you're in a department store give it a smell.




I was researching liquid lipsticks and saw the most beautiful ruby red color on a girl, and had to have it immediately. The melted liquid lipsticks by Too faced are an unapologetic punch of opaque color. 'Melted Ruby' is the one I bought and can't stop wearing, its a pink toned red that's intensely dark, but not in a vampiric way. The finish is a soft sheen, it sits on the lips like a stain but has the texture of lipstick. A unique and wonderful lip product.






Not the most glamorous of favorites but an essential one for me. I've been searching high and low for a deodorant that actually works on me. Most leave me sweaty and smelling by lunch time, in my job there's a lot of physical activity and sometimes I'm on my feet for 12 hours at a time, so I need something heavy duty. Mitchum was something I used to wear years ago but forgot all about. Their entire line was half price at Superdrug recently so I stocked up. The Powder Fresh scent is lovely, like freshly laundered clothes with a splash of vanilla. And this really does the job, I wouldn't say it gives 48 hour protection (unless you're sitting down all day) but it absolutely lasts me the entire day.








I've been trying to eat a little healthier recently, and stumbled upon Get the Glow by Madeleine Shaw. Its half cook book, half healthy eating lifestyle coaching. In the beginning Shaw clearly details the health benefits of eating clean, the potential problems with gluten and how to make healthy eating a lifestyle and not just a temporary diet. So far I've cooked a loved her almond pancakes (my twist on them here) and her overnight oats, both delicious and insanely healthy. I can't completely forsake sugar and carbs, so I tweak her recipes to give me a little more satisfaction (a little flour here, a spoonful of sugar there), whilst still eating mostly very good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment