Tuesday, 18 August 2015

Weekly Inspirations




















Around the web:



Humans of New York



"I'm homosexual and I'm afraid of what my future will be and that people won't like me"


"I tried drinking some drano in January because I didn't think anyone would care. I was right about nobody caring, but I threw up the drano before it could work"


Humans of New York is a photography project created by Brandon in which he photographs strangers in New York and collects quotes from them, making for an interesting insight into their lives. Its so fascinating to read so many tiny snippets into peoples experience, their fears, hopes, dreams, struggles. They range from the truly heart wrenching to the whimsical. I literally spent 2 hours just scrolling through the blog reading quotes. More addictive than Tumblr, you have been warned. His blog has inspired a book too.



Hannah Hart on Youtube




This girl is fucking hilarious! I'm addicted to her youtube series 'drunk in my kitchen' which, like the name would suggest, she cooks things in her kitchen while drinking, and giving valuable advice on life at the same time. She is one of the wittiest youtubers I've seen in a long time. she's worth checking out just for the kitchen series alone.





Books





How to be Parisian is a comical book on french culture, specifically French culture in women. Its a quick, light hearted read and Post book, I already feel très Parisian. 





This was a good read, I'm not usually into thrillers but I think the reason I enjoyed this so much was because doesn't read like a typical thriller. Its set from the point of view of three women, who's lives interconnect over the course of the book. They are interesting characters, they feel like real women. There is a huge twist at the end also that I loved.





Music




I'm obsessed with Borns, Electric Love is a beautiful, slightly 80's sounding love ballad with the cutest lyrics. They currently only have an EP available with 5 songs, but they are all incrediable songs in their own right. This is my most played, but I also love '1000 Emerald pools' and particularly the song 'Past Lives' which has a beautifully slow intro which turns into an upbeat dance track.

Search Results



No comments:

Post a Comment