Sunday, 10 January 2016

Disappointing products


As you may have noticed, I like to test out a lot of products. Like most people I don't like to waste time or money, so I'm usually very careful in what I purchase. I watch lots of video reviews, look up blog posts on the product and weigh up the pro's and cons. But sometimes you suddenly run out concealer and you just need one, any one. So you go to highstreet and try something completely on a whim, then regret it. I only ever share my favourites so you don't get to see all the things I've hated and would reconnected against trying. So here are just a few of the products I regret buying.




Burts Bee's almond milk hand cream



This smells amazing, like an almond smoothie. However, this is more like a balm than a cream. The reason I hate it is because it leaves a very oily residue on the skin, and this takes forever to sink in. Even when it has sunk in it doesn't leave my skin particularly soft. Not worth the money.






Maybelline fit me foundation



I don't want to bash this product too much because I know it works for a lot of people, it just didn't work for me. This is a very dewy foundation, best for those with dry skin, I have combination skin erring on the side of oily, so this made my face an oil slick after an hour. The Fit Me concealer is brilliant, especially for people who have dry under eye areas and have issues with concealer creasing. Also the Fit Me powder is brilliant. They've come out with a matte version of the Fit Me foundation which I'm going to test out.







Lange Paris hand cream


This is literally the worst hand cream I've ever tried! I picked this up in TK Maxx and thought it looked good. Even after applying a liberal amount it doesn't moisturise at all. It smells very clinical, and strongly of chemicals.







MUA matte perfect loose powder



I didn't expect much of this because it is a cheap brand, but this does absolutely nothing for oil control. If you have normal skin, as in, not in the least oily, this would be decent enough to set your make-up with. It also leaves my skin looking quite ashy, I do think its meant to be a translucent powder too but it isn't, there is definitely some colour to it.






Avalon Organics Lavander luminosity night cream


I'd run out of night cream and randomly picked this up in Wholefoods. This broke me out, after one use I had two giant spots. I like to give skin care a proper test so I continued to use it for 3 more weeks, every day, and I got more and more spots. When I stopped using it I stopped getting spots, so I know I can attribute those break outs to this product. I'm not sure why my skin didn't agree with it but I have a feeling it might have been the lavender oil in it, which can clog pores and lead to blemishes.






Loreal revitalift eye cream

This is a lacklustre eye cream, it feels like any other moisturiser, eye creams are supposed to be rich and nourishing and this was none of those things.







Loreal brow drama




I had high hopes for this, because I've heard such good things from other beauty bloggers about it. It does set the brows decently, however, the brush is rediculous and not thought out at all. It has a long skinny wand with a large bobble on the end, when using this I constantly get product above and below my brows, the bristles are much too dense and hard so it doesn't comb through the brow hairs properly. The Loreal brow artist plumper is far superior.







Soap and Glory Archery brow tint and precision shaping pencil





Let me just clarify, that I love the Soap and Glory Archery pencil (this one) which is a completely different product to the one I'm about to talk about. The Archery brow tint has a thick pencil on one side and a felt liner brush on the other. The pencil is too waxy to deposit any colour, its also way too thick a pencil, even for someone like me who has larger brows. The tint side is okay, it would be great for someone who has very thin or sparse brows, but for me it just doesn't work.






Volume million lashes feline



I  don't think I've ever been more disappointed in a mascara. I really thought I would like this. I'm a massive fan of the original Volume million lashes mascara so I thought this would be even better. The brush is shaped like a spoon, I usually love this kind of brush but the tiny plastic bristles are far too small and too far apart to grip the lashes properly. This mascara does nothing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment