Wednesday, 2 March 2016

February Favourites



Revlon Colorstay foundation



This sets matte and really does hold for 24 hours as it claims. It helps control oil throughout the day and is a medium coverage but is definitely build-able to heavy, be weary though, if you apply too much you can start to look a bit cake face. There are not enough colours for darker skin tones though, which is surprising coming from a brand like Revlon. This dries quickly, so you have to blend it in one part of the face at a time. Annoying that it doesn't have a pump so you have to shake it on the back of hand to get product out.




Soap and Glory one heck of a blot


This transluscent blotting powder has a fine, silky texture. It instantly removes excess shine and leaves a smooth looking matte base, with light application lasts a good few hours, I tried setting my concealer with this but I needed a lot of powder to do so, this is best as a touching up throughout the day powder, not to set with.



Models Own eye liner pencils (blue and black)

I have this in black as well as blue, the blue is a very dark colour, it sets and doesn't budge all day, unlike many a kohl pencil I've used from other brands that end up half way down my eyes by lunch time. It is a thick formula, so if you're too heavy handed with application it can drag across the eyes a bit, but you sacrifice this for the amazing longevity of the product.



Pixi lip balm


I've never been a huge fan of tinted lip balms, but this one by Pixi is lovely. It has a fairly decent amount of pigment, not as much as a lipstick but enough to leave a pretty stain. This is super moisturising and long lasting, it also smells like cake which is always a plus.




Soap and Glory righteous butter



As I've said before, it takes a lot for a moisturiser to impress my dry, eczema skin. This Soap and Glory one is indulgently softening. It has quite a strong scent to it so I'd recommend smelling it in store before purchasing to make sure you're okay with it. This is just as good as my much loved dove intensive moisturiser, if a little heavily perfumed.




Revlon matte balm in fierce


I'm very into brown purple tones right now for lipsticks. The revlon matte balms are one of my favourite lipstick formulas. They set matte (but aren't transfer proof) so they are very comfortable and not at all drying on the lips. For a lip colour that transfers, this lasts a good while, that is, if you're not eating and drinking a lot. When this wears off it leaves a pretty stain so you don't have to worry so much about touch ups throughout the day. Their shade 'shameless' is a beautifully striking purple I've had my eye on for a while. very similar to MAC's Heroine.




Nails Inc - Grosvner Crescent



All I've been wearing on my nails is this dark purple, almost black colour from Nails Inc. Its a very dark shade, that looks purple in sunlight and black at night. It takes 2 to 3 coats for full opaqueness, but with a decent top coat lasts 4 to 5 days, that to me, is good. Particularly for someone like me who usually chips their nails on the same day she paints them.




Superdrug clear make-up bags



These make the ideal storage space for make-up. These bags are structured plastic, they have handles making them easy to transport, they are transparent, making it easy to see what you have in it at a glance, and they have 3 seperate sizes. I use the biggest one for the bulk of my make-up, the medium sized one for brushes and the smallest for lip colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A beginners guide to fitness

I get asked a lot of fitness related questions, how do I find motivation to get in the gym? What exercises are best for weight loss? I...