Monday, 17 October 2016

Beauty Review



Nyx Mineral 'Set it and don't fret it' matte finishing powder




I've been loving this face powder, it does leave a slightly 'chalky' look to the skin for the first ten minutes, but this can be remedied with a setting spray or a facial mist over top. Great for oily skin, I use this for baking (Baking - essentially just putting a lot of powder on the face to give make-up super longevity and help combat oily skin, you're supposed to dust off the excess but I just leave it on) This only gives a hint of tint so don't expect massive coverage.



The body shop Papaya body butter

I'd forgotten how much I love The Body Shop's body butters, the Papaya one has always been my favourite, mango being a close second, so when I saw they were all half price I bought this. I'm almost finished and I regret not buying two or three. These body butters are incredibly softening from the community trade Shea butter they use, and they smell amazing. Also a billion* different scents to choose from.


*Slight Exaggeration 



REN centifolia express make-up remover


I get through make-up removers fast, so I'm always on the look out for different ones, better ones. REN is a brand I've been using for years, they are pricey but their formulas are always very effective. This is a cream make-up remover that you use by squirting some onto a cotton pad. The cream doesn't remove waterproof make-up, but it doesn't claim to either. Leaves skin very soft, might actually re-purchase this.



Nars velvet matte skin tint


I walked into Space NK just 'having a browse' and somehow walked out with this foundation. This is the best foundation for oily skin. Period. It  a lightweight, cream texture that goes on smoothly and blends in fast, I'd suggest only doing one part of the face at a time because it sets so quickly. Once it sets its going nowhere for at least 12 hours. This is a light to medium coverage, if you have heavy acne scars or discolouration you may want to pair this base with a heavier concealer. Also SPF 30 making it ideal for Summer.



Crabtree and Evelyn Jojoba bath and massage oil


My boiler got taken out recently and I couldn't have a bath for two weeks (Tiny violin sounds off somewhere) and I realise that this is a 1st world problem, but it made me remember how much I love baths. This bath oil is beautiful, it smells very subtle and spa like, you won't get overwhelming scent when you put it in the bath, but what you will get is unbelievably soft skin that doesn't need to be moisturised (but I'd still suggest doing so) I think this will forever be a repeat purchase for me.



Carmex cherry lip-balm


This was always a very underrated lip balm to me, I've tried a thousand different ones but I keep going back to Carmex. It smells strongly of cherries - which I love - and properly sinks into the lips. It contains menthol to soothe dry and sore skin, cococa butter to soften and SPF15 to protect against the sun.



NYX liquid suede lipstick in 'Stone Fox'




I love the formula of the NYX liquid suedes, they adhere to the lips like a matte but have the comfort-ability of a cream. 'Stone Fox' is an unusual grey toned blue, it looks beautiful on all skin shades and I don't know what else to say about it. I love it!




Eyeko Skinny liquid eyeliner



This has been the month of me losing eyeliners (R.I.P...) and I really miss this one. Its used famoulsy by Alexa Chung and her eyeliner flick is always on point, now I can see why. This has a very sharp point but a thicker base, meaning depending which angle you hold this at, you can create a tiny, thin line or a thicker, more bold one. Its not waterproof but it sets down well and lasts all day (if you don't cry or rub your eye too vigorously)



Caudalie serum

This serum feels lovely, its the most moisturising serum I think I've ever used, the skin turns a little tacky after use, making it the perfect base before your daytime/nighttime moisturiser. I only had a sample of this so I can't say it helps with discolouration, but its certainly hydrating.



Nuxe multipurpose face hair and body oil

I haven't used this on my hair, but on the skin its amazing. I like to use this multipurpose oil as the last step in my skincare routine, to seal in all my night cream. Sometimes I'll mix a few drops into my moisturiser if I'm short of time, but more often than not I'll spend ten or so minutes massaging this into the skin, then putting on another layer so it can sink in over night. It smells incredible, and doesn't feel greasy at all.


Kiko unlimited foundation


I hate this foundation. I tried so, so hard to love it, but I hate it. Its a thick cream that takes forever to blend out, it dries down way too matte, sinks into fine lines, looks cakey on the skin. I have tried every way of applying this, with a brush, with my fingers, with a damp sponge, nothing works. I also tried thinning it out with a moisturiser, and a bb cream. No, this is an unworkable formula, sorry Kiko!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Streat Life festival at Alexandra Palace

I'm all about festivals (I've been to 4 this year already) so when I heard about the street food and craft beer festival hap...